Governor of Meghalaya
The governor of Meghalaya claimed to have prevented the arrest of peasant leader Rakesh Tikait. (FILE)
Meghalaya Governor Satya Pal Malik met here on Sunday with farmers protesting the centre's new agricultural laws and urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Interior Minister Amit Shah not to offend them.
Speaking at an event in his home district, Malik said that if the center provides a legal guarantee of the minimum support price (MSP) for crops, farmers will give in.
Meghalaya governor also claimed he prevented the arrest of peasant leader Rakesh Tikait when he heard rumors about it.
Malik said he had asked the Prime Minister and Interior Minister not to use force against farmers and not to send them home from Delhi empty-handed.
“None of the laws speak in favor of farmers. The country where farmers and soldiers are not satisfied cannot move forward. This country cannot be saved. Therefore, the army and farmers should remain satisfied, ”Malik said, calling on the Prime Minister on Modi and Interior Minister Shah not to offend them.
Describing the condition of farmers as poor, Malik said, “They are getting poorer day by day, while the salaries of government officials and employees increase every three years. What a farmer sows is cheap and what he buys is expensive. "
“They don't know how to get poor.Satyanaash‘(Annihilation) of the peasants takes place without their knowledge. When they go to sow (harvest) there is a certain price, and when they go to harvest, the price goes down by almost 300 rupees, ”Malik said.
Speaking in favor of the arguments put forward in favor of the new agricultural laws, Malik said, “There has been a lot of noise that farmers can now sell in any location. This is a 15 year old law. Still, if a Mathura farmer goes to Palwal with wheat, there is a lot of Lathi for him. When a peasant from Sonipat comes to Narela there is a Lathicharge for him. "
“There are many questions from farmers that need to be answered. Today there is no law in favor of farmers. This needs to be corrected. I want to assure you that in relation to farmers I will find a solution to whatever extent their problems, ”he said.
Malik was apparently referring to Sikh farmers who protested the laws and said, "Even after 300 years, the Sikh community does not back down and forget about things."
"Indira Gandhi (Ex-PM) had the‘Mahamrityunjay mantra Jaap‘Done for a month after Blue Star surgery. Arun Nehru told me when he asked her that you don't believe these are rituals, why are you doing them? She said you don't know, I damaged your Tak Akal Takht ’. You will not spare me. "
(Except for the headline, this story was not edited by NDTV staff and published from a syndicated feed.)
- Which Time Warner cable model is best
- What is the positive of Ramadan
- When did the car replace the horseback?
- Can a person be successful without self-discipline
- Why is folk music so popular
- How many calendars are there in Islam
- Does Whole Foods have customer service
- Why doesn't a cell grow
- Which companies use the Rust language
- How can I remember Lord Krishna daily
- How do giraffes sleep?
- In general, how many are the initial flight hours
- What role does seller support play
- How often do you pamper yourself
- How can risk management help companies
- Can studying psychology help you understand people?
- What is a muscle relaxant
- Android has a Siri equivalent
- Which organ could develop an adenocarcinoma?
- What is inattention
- What are the top Korean car brands
- How do you operate your sideline
- Who first started the word YouTuber
- Which country has the least traffic