What is the portability of phone numbers
The Commission services have dealt with the question of portability of bank account numbers on several occasions. As things stand at present, it does not seem possible to transfer the procedure used in the area of telephone numbers to bank accounts. However, other ways of achieving the same goal are conceivable.
The Commission will shortly present a proposal for a new legal framework for payments in the internal market. The question of portability was also dealt with in the discussion papers published as part of the preparatory work for this project.
The following conclusions can be drawn from the contributions received so far:
|—||On the one hand, the portability of bank account numbers is less beneficial, as the customer only gives his account number to a limited group of people, mainly people who make payments in favor of his account. For example, the portability of bank account numbers would not solve the problem of standing orders;|
|—||Second, portability is very difficult to implement, as there is no international numbering system for bank accounts, as is the case with telephone numbers. The bank account numbers are structured differently from country to country and are made up of different information;|
|—||Finally, the extensive studies carried out in the Netherlands and the United Kingdom on the introduction of domestic portability showed that such a measure would be very costly.|
The goal pursued with "portability" - facilitating customer mobility, i.e. easier switching between banking companies in order to be able to effectively use the competitive opportunities of the internal market - should, however, be pursued. Possibly, in the area of mobility, measures can be taken to facilitate switching between banking companies. It would be conceivable, for example, that the predecessor bank would transmit all information about any direct debit authorizations or standing orders to the new bank in order to avoid any interruption in the account transactions.
The Commission is expected to adopt a communication on a new legal framework for payments in the near future. In this communication, she is also likely to address issues of bank account portability and customer mobility. A copy of this communication will be forwarded to the Honorable Member and to the European Parliament Secretariat as soon as it has been adopted.
- How is the engine thrust measured
- What is the rank of the University of North Carolina
- Why do you say good morning at noon
- Who has honored all of the Padma Awards
- What causes sound waves to create resonance
- What is the Ezekiel Diet
- What is the pain of betrayal
- How can a currency devaluation be prevented?
- How long does it take to create a web server
- Have C3 and C4 plants RuBisCO
- How the TVF web series channel makes money
- Is Galgotias better or is Amity better
- What is yard collection
- What is the SCADA protocol
- What does the word BLOOPERS
- Is marriage a partnership
- How has social media helped your business
- Panic attacks are permanent
- What happens after the internship at Directi
- Java stream training in Infosys is difficult
- Why are Sub Zero refrigerators so expensive
- Hydroxynorketamine is the antipsychotic in ketamine
- What are your favorite memories of Boston
- Who likes to watch Turkish TV programs?
- How is marijuana viewed as an addictive substance
- What is Amazon Sumerian
- How secure are Wi-Fi access points
- How can I shake things off
- How do you know someone without judging
- Why do people use natural resources
- Is STDR tax-free
- Transubstantiation is possible
- Why is war inevitable?