What kinds of dreams can be remembered
Why not everyone can remember their dreams
Dreams are produced in sleep. In order to save them, however, the brain has to be awake. So if you wake up less often at night, you have less time to archive your dreams. And then of course I can't remember it the next morning. Because what is not saved cannot be called up. The tendency for such nocturnal waking and storage phases seems to depend on the activity of a special brain region that processes external stimuli. This is what neuroscientist Perrine Ruby and her colleagues from the Lyon Neuroscience Research Center in France found out.
They had divided 41 volunteers into two groups: On the one hand, those who remembered their dreams well and who still had them present on average about five mornings a week. On the other hand, there are the "bad memories" who could only remember their dreams an average of twice a month. With the help of positron emission tomography, the researchers then measured the volunteers' brain activities during the nocturnal sleep and wake phases. It was found that the "good memories" showed greater activity in the medial prefrontal cortex and, above all, in a junction between the temporal and parietal lobes. In an earlier study, the South African neuropsychologist Mark Solms had already shown that injuries to these two brain areas mean that you can no longer remember your dreams.
You might also be interested in
- Which is better CABG or angioplasty
- Is the ego present in love
- Who supports social Darwinism
- What are the Sexual Benefits of Circumcision
- Why are disability claims denied
- Autism is only for people
- Why do good people end up last
- When is a change required?
- Can we sacrifice taste to be healthy?
- What do you say about selfies
- How many MNCs come to AIT Pune
- What should I do about a ghost
- What are sensory experiences in creative writing
- Are Income Sharing Agreements Legal in India?
- What is the life of a motorcycle
- Which city is bigger Madison or Milwaukee
- Why do people live in San Bernardino
- Who was the last great dictator?
- What must all silicates contain
- Does animal tourism hurt or help animals?
- What is Category 3 water damage
- Where do birds go during a tornado
- Is Colon Hydrotherapy Bad For You?
- Can MBTI results and predictions be considered trustworthy?