How do I save photos forever
Manage photo and video storage
Here you can find out how photos and videos use the storage space on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, how you can save storage space and how you can buy additional iCloud storage if necessary.
All photos, songs and apps as well as other content that you use on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch take up storage space on the respective device. Depending on the storage capacity of your device and the amount of stored content, the available storage space can be exhausted quite quickly. If a message informs you that your device is running out of memory, you can free up space by properly managing your photos and videos.
Check available storage space
Check how much free space is left on your device and in iCloud and which apps are taking up the most space.
- Open "Settings".
- Tap on "General".
- Tap "[Device] Storage".
Recommendations for optimizing the device memory and a list of the installed apps with an indication of the memory used in each case may be displayed.
- Open "Settings".
- Tap on "[your name]".
- Tap iCloud.
You can see how much free space is still available in iCloud, which apps are using your storage, and whether you need to upgrade your storage plan.
Save photos and videos in iCloud
Your photos and videos are stored on the device in their original high resolution. This means that they take up a lot of space on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. With the iCloud Photo Library, you can free up space on your device and also access your photos and videos from anywhere.
Get started with iCloud Photos:
- Tap Settings> [your name]> iCloud> Photos.
- Turn on iCloud Photos.
- Select "Optimize iPhone Storage" to save space on your device.
If you choose Optimize Storage, photos and videos will be saved to your device in a smaller, space-saving format, while iCloud will save them at their original high resolution. As long as you have enough free iCloud storage, you can save as many photos and videos as you want.
Additional storage space required
When you register with iCloud, you automatically receive 5 GB of online storage space - free of charge. If you need more iCloud storage, you can buy more storage. (From $ 0.99 per month.) If you choose a 200GB or 2TB plan, you can share iCloud storage with your family. Learn more about iCloud storage plans and pricing in your country or region.
If you need more space on your device, you can save the photos and videos that you don't want to keep in iCloud on your computer.
If you have questions about your storage plan, for example because you purchased additional storage but it is not listed in your account, contact Apple Support.
- How is our knowledge of science changing?
- What is meant by bank ombudsman?
- What is the best content recommendation system
- You can swim at the Snoqualmie Falls
- What are the best courses on edX
- When will our working hours be halved?
- What are the biggest problems in biotechnology
- Can you summarize your design process
- Is J Hope a Christian
- How do I treat an inflamed eating ear
- Do you have body dysmorphism
- Who will win the California Democratic Elementary School
- Do you feel like you belong?
- What's a better alternative to JUUL
- Is Mars One a Scam 1
- What is the fastest baseball field
- What is the definition of prepaid expenses
- What does FMCA stand for
- Which pen is the best
- Why do people 1
- How many hours does Amitabh Bachchan sleep?
- Our dreams are memories of the past
- Is decaffeinated coffee safe to use while breastfeeding?
- Who invented pop songs and rock songs