What were the treasures that were discovered by chance?
Bronze Age treasure discovered by accident Swedish amateur researcher finds 2500 year old treasure
A Swedish hobby researcher makes the find of his life: while taking a walk, he happens to find a treasure from the Bronze Age. At first he thought it was scrap metal.
Alingsas - A hobby cartographer accidentally found a 2500 year old Bronze Age treasure in Sweden. The approximately 50 pieces of jewelry and other relics are one of the "most spectacular and largest" such finds from the Bronze Age that have ever been made in the northern European country, the authorities in the town of Alingsas in southwest Sweden announced.
Among the finds are some “very well-preserved necklaces and clasps” made of bronze from the period between 750 and 500 BC. The authorities said the objects were in front of some rocks in a forest. Animals would probably have dug them up among the rocks.
Also read: Archeology - Oldest map of Europe discovered?
The alleged scrap is 2500 years old
Tomas Karlsson, who discovered the treasure, initially thought the pieces were rubbish. "It looked like scrap metal," he told the newspaper "Dagens Nyheter". "At first I thought: Is there a lamp there?"
Even on closer inspection, he was skeptical. “The pieces looked so new. I thought these were fakes, ”said Karlsson. Nevertheless, he turned to the local authorities, who then sent archaeologists to the site.
Read on: Archeology - Sunken Treasures in Germany
"Most of the finds are made of bronze and can be attributed to a woman of high position in society," said Professor Johan Ling from the University of Gothenburg. In addition to necklaces and bracelets, clasps were also found, which apparently held clothes made of wool together.
- Have you ever seen Uranus
- Which Quora Answers use the most pictures
- Is it necessary to keep parasite friends
- Is Apple too late for wireless charging?
- What does it mean to discuss critically
- How can I completely loosen myself emotionally
- Where you are heading for a trek
- Kill Muslims for Islam
- 0 is the smallest non-negative integer
- House inspections are guaranteed
- Why is this girl ignoring me now
- Does Adam DAngelo have a girlfriend 1
- Shouldn't lower the drinking age
- Are Twitter followers worth anything
- Is Robb Stark dead
- What motivational story changed your life?
- What is tension enhancement
- Is it worth joining the IES master
- How important is Latvia for Russia
- What are SFP and SFP MSA
- Why is chess popular? What is the attraction
- How are MySQL and Microsoft Access different
- What is mild schizophrenia
- A person changes after surgery
- What are pictures with the most embarrassing pose
- How does lightning affect the telephone network?
- Citizen folding bikes are of good quality
- Does a wombat have a backbone
- How many calories does jogging burn
- How long will the nuclear fallout last?
- How do dike volcanoes arise
- How do I find a soccer agent
- How long does it take to create a web server