Palpatine is immortal
Star Wars The Bad Batch: How the Disney + series lays the groundwork for Palpatine's villainous plan!
"Star Wars: The Bad Batch" closes some gaps between republic and empire. The Disney + series lays the foundation for Palpatine's immortality!
- In the grand finale of the Skywalker saga, fans are shocked to discover that Palpatine's ghost has survived in a power-sensitive clone. "Star Wars: The Bad Batch" now lays the foundation for this diabolical plan.
- The Disney + series focuses on the time after Order 66 and the demise of the clone facility on Kamino. First, however, phase 2 of the clone program begins: power-sensitive clones.
Clone Unit 99 represents a troop of genetically enhanced clones that are at the center of "Star Wars: The Bad Batch". The facility's cloning program on the planet Kamino will of course be deepened in the Disney + series and we learn that it should now go into phase 2 of the cloning project. But what exactly does phase 2 mean?
Many fans already suspect: Phase 2 is to create power-sensitive clones! It is also rumored that Omega is the first power-sensitive clone. By taking up this subject in "Star Wars: The Bad Batch", the animated series refers to a villainous plan by Palpatine that is expected to bear fruit around 50 years later.
The Sith and the pursuit of immortality
In "Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith" we learn for the first time from Emperor Palpatine's former master, Darth Plagueis. Palpatine reveals to Anakin that he has mastered the ability to save those he loves from death. Palpatine himself is said to have learned the way to immortality as well.
In the sixth part of the "Skywalker Saga" he finally wants Luke to kill him. This plan stems from the fact that he can transfer his mind to another body through the ability of essence transfer and thus could live forever by "jumping" from body to body.
Finding a host for Palpatine's spirit
Since Palpatine is immensely powerful, of course the sinister Sith Lord cannot use every body as a host. So he chooses power-sensitive bodies that he ultimately wants to take over. In "Episode 6" it's Luke Skywalker after all and in "Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker" he tries to carry out this plan with Rey again.
Palpatine's obsession with power-sensitive clones
A clone specially developed for this purpose according to Palpatine's wishes and ideas is of course more suitable for securing his immortality than the luck-related search for a powerful Jedi or Sith whose body he could "snatch" himself.
In "The Mandalorian" we learn that Grogu, formerly known as Baby Yoda, was to be captured for such research purposes. We finally see a cloning facility on the planet Nevarro where Dr. Pershing worked. Pershing even has a Kamino cloning facility badge.
Then, in Star Wars: Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker, we learn that Palpatine's plans have borne fruit. So not only was a clone created for Snoke, but also one for Palpatine. However, this does not seem to be powerful enough that Palpatine wants to transfer itself into Rey's body.
"The Bad Batch" lays the foundation for Palpatine's attempts at cloning
In "Star Wars: The Bad Batch", Kamino's Phase 2 cloning enables us to witness the origins of Palpatine's sinister plan. Therefore, the mighty Emperor will certainly soon be featured in the animated series to see the progress on Kamino for himself.
How exactly it will continue is unclear. On May 21, 2021 it will continue with episode 4 of the new series from the "Star Wars" universe. If you want to watch the old series again in the meantime, we recommend these 15 episodes from "Star Wars: The Clone Wars"!
Star Wars: The Bad Batch
|Rate Star Wars: The Bad Batch|
|genre||Animation, Action & Adventure, Sci-Fi & Fantasy|
|First broadcast in Germany|
|production||Lucasfilm, Lucasfilm animation|
- How are hair highlights done
- Why does Spotify use a different cover
- Why are car washes bad for cars
- What happened to THG Holdings LLC
- Why do companies forego Linux
- What is the craziest zodiac sign
- How is summer in Delhi
- Why do premature babies sometimes die
- Why does Interstellar make me cry
- What makes you stronger than your fears
- How big is the biggest dog
- How do trees grow support roots
- Will Israel have a third intifada?
- What does a Spinosaurus dislike and why
- Russia will annex all of Ukraine
- How are carbohydrates converted into energy
- How many jumps are allowed in football?
- Tom Bombadil is angry
- What is your favorite quote from literature
- All get rich quick plans are illegal
- In what order should you study math
- Will the Nexus 7 include Google Now
- What is a girl crush
- What does the rapporteur mean
- What is a symphony
- Why does the old law exist?
- What are typical management information systems
- Who is the richest club in Australia
- How do I improve hard drive speed
- Are there military personnel without parade uniform?
- Can a narcissistic mother ever change?
- Can naval pilots wear glasses?
- What decides about the exchange rate of the currency
- Is quantum gravity composed of physical constants