Deet can repel mosquitoes What repels people
Mosquitoes love body odor
Now the mosquitoes are swarming out again. The pests don't bite everyone - they are based on body odor.
© Kletr - Fotolia.com
What repels people is highly attractive to mosquitoes - Odor of sweat. Who the insects particularly like depends mainly on the individual note of the body odor. There are three main components that are important: lactic acid, ammonia and fatty acids.
The bloodsuckers can also smell hormones. Women are piked particularly often between the 13th and 18th day of their cycle. Presumably the then increased attracts Estrogen levels the mosquitoes. This could also be the reason why beer drinkers are also preferred to be “tapped” - the estrogen-like substances in hops could be attractants.
How to keep mosquitoes at a distance
Effective mosquito repellants offer so-called Repellents from the pharmacy. The deterrents can spoil the appetite of stinging insects for several hours. One of the most important active ingredients in repellents is DEET. Many years of practical experience show that DEET is good at repelling both diurnal and nocturnal biting insects - preparations with the active ingredient are therefore the means of choice in malaria-prone areas to keep Anopheles mosquitoes away, which transmit the malaria pathogen.
Those who want to be stung as little as possible should be given preference bright clothes wear. Loose garments are better than tight-fitting, and thick fabrics are naturally more puncture-resistant than thin ones. Most mosquito species are crepuscular - therefore it is advisable to take the evening walk before the afternoon if possible.
- Why should you have an arrest warrant
- Have you heard of Dawty Music Group?
- Is it worth studying metaphysics these days
- Is gelatin good for the skin
- Buy bands Spotify Plays
- Should feminists marry
- How can I apply for a Vietnam Visa
- Is the term I personally superfluous?
- Is myotonic dystrophy life threatening
- Pakistani people respect Gandhiji
- Is it sometimes acceptable to hurt people emotionally?
- What can we learn from Mein Kampf
- Foreigners can apply for trademarks in India
- How can I feed a cat healthy?
- How does the user interface affect UX
- Who taught Moses the law?
- Can anonymously shut down the global internet
- What is The Legend of Korra about
- Who invented the pickup?
- What is half of frac 1 50
- What is memory allocation
- Why does light move in a straight line
- Control insulin plants diabetics
- Why is a 1d barcode called 1d