What are negative aspects of renewable energy
Renewable energies in Austria: pros and cons
The use of renewable energies is undoubtedly central to combating climate change and shaping a sustainable energy policy. Where photovoltaics, wind, water and biomass power plants generate CO2-free or neutrally, problems arise that should also be discussed.
Benefits of renewable energies
- The main advantage of renewable energy sources over fossil fuels is that the supply of water, sun, wind, geothermal energy and biomass is inexhaustible is. In this way, the limited amount of conventional raw materials can be spared.
- The generation of electricity on the basis of renewable energies has one lower carbon dioxide emissions than that which arises from the burning of fossil raw materials. However, it should be taken into account that not every form of environmentally friendly energy is CO2-free.
- By generating green electricity, our Security of supply be maintained because the Dependence on fossil fuels is decreasing, and thus also the dependence on raw material suppliers. Especially in the case of the worsening difficulties between Ukraine and Russia, Austria's most important natural gas supplier, long-term targeting of energy self-sufficiency can be a reliable way out. Energy self-sufficiency is a declared goal of the Austrian Ministry of Economic Affairs, which is responsible for energy policy.
- By expanding the power plants that generate electricity from renewable raw materials, Austria is not only taking over Responsibility for the future generations of our country, but also in a global context. Climate change triggered by the increased CO2 emissions of industrialized and emerging countries is an urgent problem for which solutions must be found immediately. Austria must also take responsibility for this and set a good example.
- Plants for generation Environmentally friendly energy contribute to the economic power of the regions at. Electricity producers are also economic actors who have to pay tax on their income. In addition, a large number of green electricity producers are important in order to stimulate the market for environmentally friendly energy. The more producers there are, the more dynamic the competitive structure becomes, which usually leads to improved prices for the end consumer.
If you are looking for an energy provider with an energy mix of 100% renewable energy, give us a call
0720 1155 70 (Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., at the local rate) or let us call you back free of charge. We compare the offers and find a cheaper rate for you. We are happy to take over the power registration or the change for you - of course free of charge!
Austria produces a large part of green electricity, but this does not cover domestic demand. The energy mix therefore also consists of imported electricity, which comes from fossil and partly nuclear sources.
Disadvantages of renewable energies
- The Combustion of solid, liquid and gaseous biomass, like fossil fuels, emits CO2. This is however, considerably lower than that of lignite and hard coal or natural gas. Biogenic fuels only emit the amount of CO2 that the original organic carrier stored during photosynthesis. They can therefore be described as CO2-neutral (as opposed to CO2-free), as there are no additional emissions.
- Due to the considerable investments that have to be made in green electricity systems, the Price for green electricity even higher than that for conventional electricity. This price cannot be passed on to the end userbecause it is so high that under free competitive conditions there would be no chance for renewable energies. The generation and sale of green electricity must therefore be subsidized by the state.
- In particular, hydropower plants represent a significant intervention in the ecological structure. The interruption of the natural watercourse, the accumulation of water masses and their conduction through turbines can have a number of dramatic consequences for the biological equilibrium of the river: Water inhabitants are hindered from their natural migration to spawning and mating sites, sucked into turbines and die, including methane. Carbon dioxide gases can be released by tilting the body of water. In this context, major projects such as the Guangzu Dam in China are controversial. Small hydropower plants are primarily in operation in Austria. These are more environmentally friendly and involve the above-mentioned dangers to a much lesser extent.
- Electricity generation with the help of wind and sun requires corresponding meteorological conditions. If the wind is not blowing or the sun is not shining, the systems cannot work, i.e. they cannot produce electricity. Since the plants are outdoors, they are also susceptible to weather conditions and require frequent maintenance.
- The supplies for systems that generate electricity by burning biomass may be limited. Less for slurry, but this is more the case for rapeseed and wood. Because when planting land for energy generation purposes, ethical questions also arise, for example whether the necessary resources (land, water, etc.) should not be used for animals or food.
Do you want to change or register? Call us at
0720 1155 70 (Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., at the local rate) or let us call you back free of charge. We compare the offers and find a cheaper rate for you. We are happy to take over the power registration or the change for you - free of charge, of course!
- How do I evaluate business intelligence tools
- Which websites are best for thesis writing
- What does PQWL WL
- Mechanical engineering can pay off well
- Who is the best singer right now
- Where does the maximum deflection occur in the beam
- What is IBM Blockchain
- How many employees does IBM have
- Who are everyone's favorite soccer players
- Why are sleeveless hoodies hated
- How can I become an innovative electronics technician
- Is religion just a state of mind
- Gay men care about little boys
- Are cycloalkenes aromatic hydrocarbons or alicyclic hydrocarbons
- Do brain preparations work
- I am an alcoholic. Can I be cured
- How do I become a medical writer
- How does lightning affect the telephone network?
- How can we write academic emails
- How do parks make money with a city?
- What does the word BLOOPERS
- Can Voldemort cast a Patronus 1
- Can you control your conscience
- Chocolate eclairs need to be chilled