Which bird is happy about the sunrise?
Bird chirping - bird clock: when does which bird sing?
Even before the first rays of sunshine, the birds begin to chirp during the breeding season. But which singing can be heard particularly clearly at which time?
It seems like birds chirp continuously and at random times. But the song of the feathered friends follows an exact sequence. For example, you can even estimate the time based on the different chants.
The NABU offers a good overview of the current bird song. You can find the bird clock here.
Click on the picture to get to the interactive bird clock. (Source: NABU)
When does which bird sing?
The birdsong is directed towards the sunrise. The time indication follows accordingly. For example, the star sings 15 minutes and the great tit 30 minutes before sunrise. The redstart is a real early bird with a song 80 minutes before dawn.
|Time measured at sunrise||Bird species|
|80 minutes before sunrise||Common redstart|
|55 minutes before sunrise||Song thrush|
|50 minutes before sunrise||robin|
|45 minutes before sunrise||blackbird|
|35 minutes before sunrise||Blue tit|
|30 minutes before sunrise||Great tit|
|15 minutes before sunrise||star|
|10 minutes before sunrise||Chaffinch|
Which bird sings at night
There are also birds that do not sing after or before sunrise, but after sunset. For example the nightingale. Sometimes the redstart (Phoenicurus phoenicurus) or the lark (Alaudidae) can also be heard at night, for example when the nights are particularly bright - be it due to a bright full moon or the street and building lighting. The latter entices birds in cities in particular to chirp at night.
In addition to the songbirds, numerous owl birds can also be heard at night. They don't really sing or chirp, however, or in the way we are used to from songbirds. Instead, they are calls. So you can hear the calls of a tawny owl (Strix aluco), a barn owl (Tyto alba) or an eagle owl (Bubo bubo) every now and then in the great outdoors.
Why do birds chirp?
The birdsong is not only dependent on the brightness, but also depends on the temperatures and even the noises of the environment. The chirping not only serves to attract females, many birds also use it to mark out their territory. The intention becomes particularly clear through the duration, the volume as well as the repetitions and modifications.
- Is it good to have probiotics every day
- Is the law synonymous with morality
- What flowers are good for bees
- Are iPhones hack-proof against viruses
- What will help me stop masturbating?
- What are some more revolutionary medicine drug inventions
- How do you teach computer literacy
- How was your NDA 2 exam
- Is the LinkedIn profile public or private?
- What are periodic and aperiodic signals
- Wears Ulta Kat Von D Cosmetics
- Is Pele a good player
- Amaterasu was unique to Itachis Mangekyou
- How often should Linux servers be restarted
- How does Comcast compare to Netflix
- SSC accepts the NIOS result
- How is an electric resistance furnace made
- Where manufacturers of organic fertilizers meet online
- Can I download GTA online
- What is a grammatical sentence
- What is Gokano
- Are you the real Emma Watson
- Zen Garden is worth it
- Sold to the NHS