How do I make writing epic
As epic Texts are referred to which belong to the literary genre of the epic and, in addition, elements that appear in other genres, but are actually characteristic of the epic: accordingly, there are narrative elements in such a text, as in the poem form of the ballad, which is characterized by lyrical and dramatic, but also epic features. Colloquially, the term also means that an issue is shown in great detail and no detail is left out. In the youth language, however, the term sometimes also means hot, incredible or Super and comes from the gamer scene using the English term epic for these very adjectives coined and through epic translated into German (see technical jargon, jargon).
The termEpicfrom which epic was originally a name for the art of epos. According to Aristotle, the epic differs from other genres, i.e. drama and lyric poetry, in that it is tells and not - like the drama - imitates an action on the stage. Originally, however, such epics were designed in verse(usually hexameter) and were therefore subject to certain metrical and rhythmic peculiarities.
For a long time this separation was considered unproblematic, but should be treated with caution since the increasing differentiation of epic poetry in the 18th century and the development of prose. As a result, the term epic was expanded to include not only the art of the epic, but all works of narrative literature. It is this narration that separates the term from drama and lyric poetry.
Is a text epic, then he tells and reports to the reader in detail about an action that is mostly in the past. It is not characterized by rhythmic or metrical features, and it is also not tied to rhymes or verses and thus appears as unbound speech (see prose). In addition, there is a narrator in epic texts (see narrative perspectives).
The Brockhaus from 1837 also summarizes the term. The following passage is decisive here, which sums up the epic quite aptly: “Epic is named after the Greek that of the […] main forms of poetry, the distinctive character of which is a narrative representation. The poet does not put his words into the mouth of other people, as in the drama, but presents himself with the greatest possible calmness what his imagination gives him about the historically founded or invented events, which he presents as something past in the poetic garb. "
Colloquial language: epic
Besides the obvious meaning that the adjective epic refers to the fact that a work belongs to the genre of epic, the word is used in a general sense in linguistic usage and is also part of the youth language and especially the gamer scene.
In general, the word means that a state of affairs detailed and detailed is described, the adjective also indicating that a thing takes on a large scale. The word sequence would be an example of this epic battleswhich in principle has nothing to do with the fact that such a battle combines features of the epic, but rather that it lasts a very long time and a great extent accepts.
Furthermore is the term to be found in the jargon of the gamer scene. Here it was originally the English word epic. This was formerly with the noun epos translated or used in connection with narration. In the meantime, however, it is also representative of hot, incredible, Super or enormous used. Another synonym would be here monumental(see translation: de.pons.com).
epic and epic fail
The English adjective epic was subsequently also used to increase. If one thing epic was, was she extraordinary. This resulted in the combination epic fail, which analogously for total failure stands and literally that colossal / epic / monumental failures designated.
Hashtags with this phrase are very common in popular social networks (Twitter, Facebook, Google+ etc.) educated - for example #epicfail - to bundle entries or videos that illustrate a particularly drastic, humorous or serious failure. A search query on the YouTube video platform provides many results that document usage (see: YouTube search).
- Texts that belong to the literary genre of epic and also elements that appear in other genres, but are actually characteristic of the genre of epic, are referred to as epic. Examples would be the prose poem or the ballad, which combine features of different genres.
- In the broadest sense and in common usage, the term also means that a matter is presented in great detail, i.e. in an epic breadth and thus on a large scale. As epic breadth This is the term used to describe the representation in pictures by painting, where the story is told in detail and all the details are named.
- In addition, the adjective experienced a change in meaning in the 21st century and became a synonym for the terms, especially in the gamer scene monumental, hot, incredible or Super used. This also resulted in the English combination epic failwhat turns out roughly as that colossal / epic / monumental failures translates.
- Note: In addition, the word is sometimes combined with other terms and is intended to refer to a narrative attitude and therefore to the fact that something “stands” in front of the addressee and tells him something, as in epic theater.
- How do you prepare for class
- Is South Goa safe
- What are the best books on technology
- How is oxygen required for combustion
- What is the national sport of Moldova
- How can a drill work
- What is Augustine's City of God
- Should blockchain replace the fiat currency
- What's next after a BDS
- Have you ever accidentally blown a surprise
- Where is the best view in Romania
- How did the iPhone come about
- How do I control my weight
- The correlation coefficient is a number between
- Vermillion is a shade of whatever color
- What is ISRO's Xposat mission
- Why is road cycling so difficult
- What's your favorite Lapierre bike
- What does WhatsApp
- Why hard rolls in the rolling mill
- Married Axl Rose
- Can export Oregon weeds
- How good is 2IIM
- What are the different byte sizes