When do doctors stop treatment
Clarification, rejection of treatment and second opinion
Your doctor must provide you with comprehensive and understandable information - in particular about diagnosis, therapy, alternative treatment options and foreseeable health developments. He has to explain the chances and risks of a treatment to you in understandable language - personally. Take this opportunity to ask questions and ask your doctor to use other words if you do not understand something. The doctor can include written documents (leaflets, brochures). However, they are not allowed to replace the conversation.
The counseling person must conduct the clarification interview himself - or a person who is appropriately experienced and knows your medical history. The conversation must also take place on time. This is the only way you have the opportunity to ask all the questions that preoccupy you and make your decision freely. In turn, you should inform your doctor of all treatment-relevant facts. This also includes talking about contagious diseases that could endanger your health.
In special cases, the medical consultation may be omitted. For example in emergency situations such as after a traffic accident. You can decide for yourself to what extent you would like to be informed. You can also expressly forego it entirely.
Does the doctor also have to provide information about the treatment costs? Basically yes. As a socially insured patient, you can request a patient receipt after the treatment has been completed or on a quarterly basis (more on this in Part 3 of patient rights). As a self-paying patient, the doctor is particularly obliged to inform you about the costs that you will likely have to bear if it becomes apparent that the insurance will not cover the costs in full or that clarification is required.
- How important are emotions really
- What is a compounding pharmacy
- Has anyone used China Division for fulfillment
- Which Billie Eilish song is the deepest
- Is TRON 100 to be achieved
- What are the symptoms of mucoceles
- Why do you need a circuit board
- Who is Ratan Tata's son
- What is par for lightbulbs
- What is a category phrase in English
- What is anhydrous ammonia measured in
- How can I get capital investment
- Let's call ophthalmologists
- What nobody admits about life
- Where does the willpower come from
- Are there CNG filling stations in Kolhapur
- Child apps may contain video ads
- Why am I tired but not sleeping
- Underline important passages in books
- What is the best brand of snowshoes
- How do you insulate your house
- Should I overcome my fear of dancing?
- How bad was the tsunami in Japan
- What do Jordanians think of Americans?
- Abandoned houses are always haunted
- Why do Komodo dragons eat their young?
- What did your father do for you
- How do you like your pasta?
- What do you think of Green Day
- Why aren't videos playing on my iPhone
- Which UPS store is open on Sunday?
- What problems does BPM solve
- Some ship biscuits contain sugar
- Why is H2O a liquid