Can you use MailChimp without a website?
WordPress: Reach visitors with newsletter plug-ins
- Communicate new content quickly and effectively
- Various newsletter plug-ins briefly presented
Why use newsletters for WordPress websites?
With a newsletter you keep your website visitors regularly informed about new content. This is especially important if you do not publish content on a daily basis and therefore the readership does not visit your website regularly. An email that lands directly in the mailbox usually receives more attention than a Facebook post, which can easily get lost in the constantly updated newsfeed. With a newsletter address your readership directly - with low wastage.
- Newsletters inform your readership directly about new content.
- Install a newsletter plug-in for your WordPress website.
- You can send newsletters both manually and automatically after certain actions.
- MailChimp is one of the best-known providers of newsletter services.
How do you integrate a newsletter in WordPress?
You can integrate a newsletter service into your website with a suitable plug-in. This makes administration a lot easier for you, because you don't have to constantly switch back and forth between your website and the homepage of the newsletter service. You can organize your subscribers, send emails and create registration forms directly from the WordPress backend.
What is MailChimp and how do you install the plug-in?
MailChimp's plug-in is up to a number of subscribers of 2,000 newsletter recipients and 10,000 e-mails per month free of charge and convinces with a clear and attractively designed user interface. To install MailChimp, go to the tab in the WordPress backend Plug-ins and then click on To install. Enter “MailChimp” in the search field - the search result should now MC4WP: MailChimp for WordPress Pop up. With one click on Install now set up the plug-in for WordPress and then register using a MailChimp account.
How to create a WordPress newsletter with MailChimp
In order for the newsletter plug-in for WordPress to work, you need an account that you can set up on the official MailChimp website (only available in English). When you have created the account, you should have a API key are displayed. Make a note of this key and go back to the WordPress backend. The button for MailChimp is now visible in the left menu bar. Click on it and enter the API key.
MailChimp: send newsletters via WordPress plug-in
In the next step you create what is known as a Campaign, as part of which a newsletter is set up. This can be designed individually - the spectrum ranges from simple text to HTML newsletters from ready-made templates to self-designed modules. For beginners it is best to start with to use simpler templates. Finally, assign the campaign to a corresponding list that contains the recipients of the newsletter. MailChimp is also so popular because it can be flexibly adapted. For example, there are e-commerce elements that are tailored to the requirements of online shops. For example, you can specify whether the form should be hidden in the future if the visitor has already subscribed to the newsletter. You can also individually define the URL to which the visitor is redirected after registration.
The form settings of MailChimp
The “MailChimp for WordPress” plug-in allows specific adjustments
Link MailChimp to WordPress without a plug-in
Before you start sending the newsletter, you should make your website visitors aware that there is even a regular newsletter. For that you need a registration formthat you place clearly visible on your website. MailChimp has its own templates ready for this, which you can also integrate into your site without the MailChimp WordPress plug-in. To do this, click on the tab in the list you have created in your user account with the newsletter provider Create forms and choose one of the registration form designs. With the Share it button takes you straight to the code that you can integrate into the HTML of your WordPress site. At MailChimp you can go to Create from HTML affect the appearance of the sign-up form.
Newsletter2Go at WordPress: is that possible?
The one is also particularly popular German providersNewsletter2Go. The installation of the extension works very comfortably via the backend, as one is used to with other plug-ins. Just like with MailChimp, you first need an account with the provider to use this WordPress newsletter plug-in. As long as you don't send more than 1,000 emails per month, it's free.
The German Newsletter2Go can also be integrated into WordPress.
As a German company, Newsletter2Go pays great attention to data protection. It is therefore not surprising that the registration forms for the WordPress newsletter plug-in are linked to the GDPR compliant are.
Another newsletter plug-in for WordPress: MailPoet
If you want to create your newsletter directly in the backend of WordPress, you can also use MailPoet. After installing and activating this newsletter plug-in for WordPress, you will find the tool in the sidebar of the backend. Go on there MailPoet. After a brief introduction to the tool, you can start creating your first newsletter e-mail. The plug-in offers you numerous templates for this, which you can adapt to your ideas using the drag-and-drop editor. Depending on your needs, you can use the tool to create newsletters manually or automatically. The automatic newsletter is always sent, for example, when you publish new content on your website or when a user registers for the newsletter.
This is what the newsletter design looks like at MailPoet.
Under the point Subscribers create lists for newsletter recipients and manage your subscribers. In the menu item Settings you have the option of adding a data protection notice to your newsletter and activating a registration confirmation. MailPoet is free of charge; if required, additional functions are available for a fee.
In contrast to MailChimp and Newsletter2Go, with MailPoet do not create an additional account. You can start collecting email addresses and creating newsletters right away.
You should keep this in mind with newsletters
- Use only informative and relevant content for your newsletter.
- Note the Requirements of the German Data Protection Act and the GDPR. A newsletter counts as a promotional email. You may only send one if you have previously received the consent of the person concerned. Therefore, make sure that the person concerned does not randomly subscribe to the newsletter. A checkbox for newsletter registration must never be ticked; the user must always tick the box himself.
- Users have to confirm their email address for a valid registration. The procedure for this is as follows: The user enters his e-mail address in the registration form and sends it off. He will then automatically receive an Confirmation email to the specified address. Only when the user clicks on the confirmation link within the email will they be entered in the newsletter address book and will receive emails in the future. With this legally secure double opt-in procedure, the recipient expressly consents to receiving emails from you.
- Make sure that recipients can cancel their subscription at any time and directly via a link in the email.
- Even if you use a newsletter plug-in in WordPress, it must use GDPR-compliant forms and emails. Be sure to check if that is the case!
Conclusion: WordPress makes sending newsletters easy
- Remind your readership with newsletters. But only publish relevant content.
- Note the requirements of the German Data Protection Act and the GDPR.
- With a plug-in you can integrate newsletters into WordPress.
- With newsletter services such as MailChimp and Newsletter2Go, you can create a newsletter according to your ideas.
- With MailPoet you can send newsletters even without an account with an external provider.
- What color is Brett Favre's eyes?
- Which DSLR offers the best sound quality
- What percentage of the agile implementations are successful?
- What is 1 megawatt
- Is Trump Derangement Syndrome a real disease?
- Why do people acquire DNR clauses
- Why is Trump against Muslims
- Does anyone know a sick dubstep
- What is the purpose of the meaning
- What are quarter quintal harmonies
- What do you think about beauty and why
- Is metaphysics justified in its conclusions
- Faith promotes illogical thinking
- Why do some children act
- Who defines the term taxonomy
- Fast learners are smart
- What is an M1903 Springfield rifle
- What is the reason for the protests
- Why is road cycling so difficult
- What is resonance in mechanical vibrations
- Are investments based primarily on speculation?
- How does climate change affect autumn?
- What is the largest cell organelle
- What are germ layers