Why is Venezuela bolivar on dollar zero
Bolívar: Venezuela removes three zeros from the national currency
In the fight against hyperinflation, the Venezuelan government is removing three zeros from the local currency. The country is in one of the worst economic crises in its history.
At a cabinet meeting on Thursday, President Nicolás Maduro announced the introduction of new coins and banknotes that would remove three zeros. The 100,000 bolívar bill, for which Venezuelans could only buy a coffee last time, will be replaced by a 100 bolívar bill from June 4th.
In future, the largest banknote will be the 500 bolívar note. According to the official exchange rate, that is 11.30 dollars (9.16 euros), but only 2.10 dollars on the black market.
The Bolívar was devalued as early as 2008. Back then, too, they simply deleted three zeros and renamed the currency "Bolívar Fuerte" (strong bolívar). Since then, the Venezuelan currency has been devalued almost regularly every one to two years.
Worst economic crisis in history
As a result of falling oil prices and mismanagement, Venezuela is in one of the worst economic crises in its history, which is accompanied by drastic price increases. According to estimates by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), inflation that has gotten out of control could rise to as much as 13,000 percent this year. Due to supply bottlenecks, there have been several serious unrest, looting and mass protests in Venezuela.
- Produces lotus fruit
- What goods are exported is imported from Iceland
- What are changeable functions in programming
- White vinegar can kill fat
- Why did Peter Pettigrew betray James Potter
- How is cannabis named
- Why are my saxophone keys sticking
- What is the origin of the homework
- Why are the people of Bihari so talented
- Is a vacuum colder than air
- Choosing biotech as a career is risky
- Why do we recycle copper
- How do I test for pregnancy, of course
- How do you save money with AARP
- Is this tank safe for a snake?
- The flu is a deadly disease
- Why did Czechoslovakia enter World War II
- When does water evaporate
- What is the purpose of suspension in chemistry
- What is Bill Gates' daughter doing
- Is Hindi Dravidan language
- The selfie camera is used for spying
- What are some innovative market research methods
- What is Outlook Express used for?